If you haven’t called for a tune-up, do it now!
In Alabama, it’s easy to focus on the high heat index in the summer. Just don’t forget Alabama’s winter season isn’t exactly tropical! Stay toasty warm indoors with proper HVAC service. Winter is around the corner and chilly temperatures are creeping closer.
You definitely want to have the peace of mind your HVAC unit is in top shape. Setting up routine services with a trusted HVAC provider is vital to keep your home’s ventilation and heating system is ready. This way, your family is comfortable during colder months.
Many people wait until a problem occurs with their heating system to begin troubleshooting. When it comes to your HVAC unit, however, preventative care is truly the way to go.
Get tune-ups performed during the fall to prepare for winter. Get one in spring to prepare for summer. These measures can be a game-changer, sparing you issues due to HVAC neglect.
Don’t know how to find a good HVAC contractor in your area? Good news! If you live in Mobile or the Baldwin County area, Keith Air Conditioning is here to help you. Proper HVAC service can preserve its lifetime and maintain high efficiency. This also saves you money in the short and long term.
Why HVAC Service is Important
- Your HVAC unit is responsible for the climate control of your entire house. This includes heating as well as cooling. This requires regular calibration and other maintenance to operate smoothly.
- Because an HVAC’s workload can be tough, breakdowns are more likely without regular, preventative treatment.
- Regular maintenance reduces rust, corrosion, leaks, frayed wires and common wear-and-tear on your HVAC unit.
- For heating systems, a full HVAC service annual inspection requires examinations of the fan, compressor, refrigerant lines and indoor/outdoor coils.
- You’ll receive proper diagnoses and fixes on your unit with Keith Air Conditioning’s NATE-certified technicians.
Call Alabama HVAC Service Experts Keith Air Conditioning!
The weather can be unpredictable so make sure your HVAC is ready to adapt. With the affordable HVAC service agreement plan offered by Keith Air Conditioning, you get two annual HVAC services, including complete inspections and tune-ups, and 15 percent off necessary parts.
There is also a year-long warranty on any installations or repairs made on your HVAC unit. Don’t wait to schedule your tune-up services with Keith Air Conditioning – prevention is key, and seasonal maintenance on your HVAC unit is no exception to the rule.
The team of Keith Air Conditioning professional technicians and installers are ready to take all the stress and work out of any HVAC service you need!
Contact Keith Air Conditioning today!
Keep your new unit in top shape!
Congratulations! You’ve made the leap and upgraded your outdated air conditioner to a newer and more efficient model. A brand new AC unit is an investment. Be sure to support this important purchase with proper maintenance.
Most people mistakenly treat new air conditioning units like buying a new television – they set it and forget it. This results in a gradual breakdown of the fine-tuned mechanics of the unit over the years.
A properly maintained HVAC unit, even in Alabama, may be able to run at peak efficiency for at least 15 years. On the other hand, improperly maintained and neglected air conditioners can burn out early.
Good news! Keith Air Conditioning, Alabama’s trusted HVAC provider specializing in air conditioner maintenance and repairs, provides an affordable and easy option. Join an AC maintenance agreement plan to complement your newly installed unit. This will keep your new unit running at its best and preserve its useful lifespan.
Air Conditioner Service Plan Perks
- Filter and coil changes and cleaning. The filters remove impurities from the air inside your home. They also protect the air conditioner system from excess dirt or foreign particles.
Clogs and excess debris cause a lag in the efficiency of your AC unit. Dirt and grime also collect on the outside coils. This reduces efficiency. Anything negatively affecting efficiency costs you more money.
Our NATE-certified HVAC technicians do any work required in filter, coil and vent maintenance. This is part of routine services in your maintenance plan.
- Twice annual complete inspections. If you wait until your air conditioner is malfunctioning to schedule an inspection, chances are the repairs required will cost more. Avoid this when you keep up with a biannual inspection schedule in a Keith Air Conditioning maintenance agreement plan.
- Priority repair and installation services at no additional cost. Other HVAC contractors upcharge for emergency repair services. This may run your HVAC repair bill at least hundreds of dollars above normal.
The response time for emergency air conditioner repair services with other companies also tends to be delayed, especially during summer months.
With a Keith Air Conditioning maintenance agreement plan, you receive 24/7, 365-days/year priority repair and installation services. Plus, you receive a 15 percent discount on all parts and a one-year guarantee as a maintenance plan participant.
Keith Air Conditioning Can Keep Your New Air Conditioner in Top Condition
Don’t waste your investment by skipping routine HVAC services. Let Keith Air Conditioning, servicing the wider Mobile area, take care of all the needed aspects of your new air conditioner. With the wide array of benefits, the most practical option is to take advantage of Keith Air Conditioning annual maintenance plan.
This agreement will give you the comprehensive coverage your air conditioning unit needs. Keith Air Conditioning is here to keep you and your family cool for decades.
Contact Keith Air Conditioning today to get started!
HVAC school is in session
HVAC systems are essential to keep you cool during sweltering hot months throughout Alabama. While the systems can seem expensive, they’ve become commonplace in American households. In fact, nearly 90% of new homes are built with central heating and air nationwide.
Think you got what it takes to pass a heating and air studies class? Start taking notes! We’re going to give you a crash course on preventative maintenance.
Heating and Air Strategies to Start Today
- Purchase the Right Filters. First thing you should know to replace your furnace filter regularly, depending on the type of filter you use. Each product is rated according to an industry scale known as the Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value (MERV) rating.
These range from 1-16 based on the level of microscopic particles the filter will block. Typically, MERV 8 is standard on most residential furnace filters. This grade normally lasts three months.
Be advised, use a stronger grade or replace it sooner if you smoke, have a large family or pets. Those with allergies, asthma or other illnesses benefit from regular filter changes too.
- Control the Thermostat. After your furnace, the thermostat is the next most important piece of equipment. Keep it at a consistent and comfortable level. Keep in mind, the lower the temperature, the more work coils do to cool the air.
This translates into a higher electric bill at the end of the month. If you decided to lower the temperature, try to do a degree at a time. Drastically lowering the thermostat by many degrees at once will not make it cool any faster. It just wastes energy.
- Digital Heating and Air Tools. To make the most of temperature control, invest in a digital thermostat. You can program it to automatically adjust the temperature at certain times of the day. Some are Wi-Fi-enabled. This allows you to adjust it remotely using a smartphone app.
Is Your Heating and Air System Ready for an Update?
Your heating and air quality is only as good as the equipment. After numerous repairs and part replacements, wear and tear may be too much. Units older than 10 years typically are less efficient as well. Contact Keith Air Conditioning today to schedule an inspection and get an estimate on an energy-efficient model.
Your local trusted HVAC contractor is happy to educate you on the science of heating and air systems. Reading how components operate will help you better understand how to lower your energy bill. If you’ve tried all these steps and still encounter issues, contact Keith Air Conditioning to schedule an appointment with one of our HVAC experts.
Contact Keith Air Conditioning today.
Now’s a great time to service and update
The Alabama heat is still here! Therefore your air conditioning is likely running longer and working harder to keep you cool inside your Baldwin county home. No one wants air conditioning maintenance expenses heading into the holidays. Warm weather is expected to continue for several weeks so book a service appointment now.
Keith Air Conditioning has expert technicians to handle all your AC needs. Dating back to 1964, we have an established reputation for excellence. We think you’ll find September is the perfect time to schedule an annual maintenance visit.
We’ll do a basic system cleaning and give an honest assessment of your equipment. We will inspect and test all components. Your technician will lubricate the relevant components and look for signs of excessive wear and tear.
Think it’s time for an upgrade? Ask about our selection of Carrier units. We can take measurements and perform the necessary calculations to recommend the correct size for your home. There are many options available in heat pumps, central air conditioners and ductless AC units.
Did You Know Seasonal Conditions Affect Air Conditioning Functionality?
Here are just a few things to monitor:
- Lifespan of Filters: You may experience an increase in particle buildup in filters. This leads to clogs and wasted energy. If left unchecked, clogs can back up deep into ducts and damage the coils.
Generally, you should replace air conditioning filters every 1-3 months. Frequency depends on the size and layout of your home, the filter you choose and usual contaminants. For example, if you smoke, have pets or live in a high-pollen area, you should change your filter monthly.
- Condenser and Debris: The condenser is the “metal box” outside. It cycles warm inside air through the refrigerant and cools it into a liquid state to pass through the coils. Because the unit is outside, dirt and yard waste can fall inside the grille. This prevents optimal airflow from the fan.
Seasonally, and due to hurricane storm activity, leaves and particles will naturally fall and clutter the unit. You can easily prevent serious damage. Just trim back foliage and do some general yard work around the outside unit.
- Energy Efficiency: Your air conditioning issues might not come from the system itself. Instead, they may come from how you operate it. Be smart about conserving energy, especially over the summer and fall.
During these hot months, you may be tempted to open a few windows. First, consider the humidity and dew point levels. Also think about air quality. If anyone in your home is allergic to ragweed, for example, it’s a bad time to open windows!
Also, many people forget to turn off the air conditioning when they open windows. This is, of course, a waste of electricity on the cooled air going back outside.
Keith Air Conditioning Conditioning is Here When You Need Us
If you’ve tried all these steps and still encounter cooling issues, contact Keith Air Conditioning to schedule an appointment with one of our HVAC experts.
Since 1964, we’ve proudly served the greater Baldwin County area as the leading name in heating and air comfort. Our NATE-certified technicians are standing by for repair and tune-ups on any brand of residential or commercial air conditioning systems.
Summer is closing fast, and fall is just around the corner. Stay comfortable all year long with Keith Air Conditioning!
Finally, our all-star team is here to help you with routine maintenance, urgent repair after hours or a whole new HVAC system installation. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Contact Keith Air Conditioning today.