Ways to Save Energy
Seal Your Ducts
Your ductwork carries conditioned air from your heating or cooling system to various rooms. As the air passes through the ducts any leaks, holes, or separation at the seams will make it harder to achieve the desired level of air conditioning.
The loss of conditioned air means your system will have to work harder and use more energy. Leaky ducts are a common contributor to high energy bills. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, in the average home, as much as 30 percent of the air that moves through the ductwork can be lost as a result of these leaks. Apart from saving energy and reducing bills, other benefits of duct sealing include:
- Achieving consistent air conditioning throughout your home
- Improved indoor air quality by preventing pollutants from seeping in through leaks
- Protection from gases like carbon monoxide that can be released during combustion
- Protecting the environment by reducing energy needs
Ducts are sealed using mastic sealant or metal tape. Our technicians have the expertise and tools to properly access, examine, and repair leaky ducts.
Regulate Temperatures with a Carrier Côr Thermostat
When you are away from home or asleep you can reduce your need for air conditioning. Every degree that you increase the temperature during the hot months or lower it during the winter months will result in savings. There is no use keeping your home at the same temperature when you are away as you would when you are at home. You will only be wasting energy. If you are concerned that your home will be too hot or too cold when you return, that’s where the genius of programmable thermostats come in. These thermostats allow you to manage the temperature, so you reduce energy waste. You can set temperatures based on the time of day, your schedule, and activities.
- Local weather four-day forecast
- Auto changeover between heating and cooling
- Vacation programming
- Humidity management
- System maintenance reminders
One of the most useful features of this thermostat is the ability it gives owners to generate energy reports and tips at any time. You will be able to assess how energy is being used so that changes can be made where needed. You can save up to 20 percent on your energy bill by installing this device in your home.
We can provide the smart or programmable thermostat to meet your budget and needs. Our technicians can also install the devices so that you start realizing the energy-saving benefits in no time.
Your Partner in Home Comfort
There are also inexpensive options that help you to save and increase the efficiency of your air conditioning system. These include:
- Closing curtains, blinds, or shades during the hot summer months to reduce the effect of heat gain and open them to let the sun in to heat your home during winter.
- Sealing air leaks around windows and doors with caulk or weatherstripping to prevent loss of conditioned air.
- Using a ceiling fan to help circulate the conditioned air.