Top Reasons to Consider a New Air Conditioner
Saying goodbye is often one of the hardest things in life. Sometimes, however, saying goodbye is a good move. For example, if you’ve been putting off replacing your tired, old and inefficient air conditioner year-after-year, it might be time to say goodbye to the old and say hello to a new air conditioner before summer gets any hotter!
Let’s start with a cooling quiz!
Answer these questions to determine if it’s time for you to seriously consider a new air conditioner.
- How old is your AC unit? If your air conditioner is getting old, it could be costing you serious money each month on your energy bill. Here are some powerful numbers to illustrate why you should consider an upgrade to a new air conditioner:
- If your air conditioner is from the 1970s, it’s outlived as many as five U.S. presidents. It needs to be replaced.
- If your air conditioner is from the 1980s, it’s performed nearly nine times longer than “Knight Rider” was on the air. It needs to be replaced.
- If your air conditioner is from the 1990s, it’s been a source of coolness 26 years longer than line dancing to Billy Ray Cyrus’ “Achy Breaky Heart.” It ought to be replaced.
Energy efficiency has come a remarkably long way just in the last 10-15 years.
- How much have you invested in AC repair in the last two years? If you are throwing money down the drain two or three times each year to repair your older air conditioner, you might be wasting money better used on a new air conditioner to keep your home more comfortable and save you money on your energy bills.
- Is your AC still under warranty? It’s Murphy’s Law – things seem to break right after the warranty ends. If your current air conditioner is no longer covered by the manufacturer’s warranty, it might be time to start shopping for a new air conditioner. Be advised, regular maintenance helps preserve most manufacturer warranties.
- How long are you planning to stay in your home? Are you planning to list your home in the next three years or staying indefinitely? Answers to these questions may impact your decision to purchase a new air conditioner or not. For obvious reasons, if you are planning to stay in your home for the long-term, it makes sense to make the investment in an energy efficient new air conditioner. Additionally, if the AC is in a bad state, it could make your property less desirable once you place it on the market.
So, how did you do on the cooling quiz? A passing score would mean your current air conditioner is working efficiently, keeping you and your family cool, not running up your energy bills unnecessarily and, most importantly, not breaking down!
If you can’t check all the right boxes, it might be time to start shopping for your new air conditioner.
Next Steps to a New Air Conditioner
Keith Air, a trusted leader in heating and air in the Mobile-area for over 50 years, specializes in helping homeowners determine if keeping their existing AC units or exploring the purchase of a new air conditioner is the best decision.
We offer flexible financing options to help offset the initial expense. Homeowners should also check with local utility providers. Some offer rebates for upgrading to new energy efficient appliances like air conditioners or heat pumps.
Contact Keith Air to schedule an appointment today.