Know What to Expect from Professional AC Maintenance
Scheduling professional AC maintenance every year will help keep the system running smoothly for many years. It helps prevent breakdowns and keeps the unit running efficiently. A more efficient system means you keep your energy use and costs to a minimum in your Mobile, Alabama, home.
The Maintenance Check
Your HVAC technician will completely evaluate and clean your system. The following are some of the steps you can expect during a routine AC maintenance call:
- Thermostat – Your technician will verify that the thermostat is working properly. A malfunctioning thermostat will result in inaccurate temperatures and cause your system to use more energy. If you have an older thermostat, the AC professional may recommend upgrading to a programmable thermostat.
- Electrical Connections – All electrical connections will be checked and tightened. A faulty electrical connection can be potentially dangerous and put excessive wear on electrical components. Such damage could also increase your energy costs.
- Moving Parts – A lack of lubrication can cause friction within the system and increase the amount of energy used. It also increases the wear and tear on the equipment.
- Condensation Drain – If the drain is not working properly, it can back up and cause water damage, as well as increase humidity levels in the house.
- System Evaluation – The AC technician should run the system through a complete cycle to ensure the system is starting, running, and stopping properly.
- Clean evaporator and condenser coils – Dirty coils cause the system to have to work harder to keep your home’s interior temperature comfortable, which again, increases your energy bills and leads to the need for more repairs.
- Refrigerant Levels – If the refrigerant is not at optimal levels, the system will need to work harder to keep the home cool.
- Clean and adjust blower components – When the blower is not adjusted properly, it can reduce system efficiency by up to 15 percent. That leads to higher energy use and costs.
Schedule AC Maintenance and Save
Having annual preventative maintenance will increase AC efficiency and allow you to realize more savings on your energy bills. For reliable AC service, contact Keith Air Conditioning, Inc. at 251-476-3610. We are your cooling specialists serving Mobile and surrounding communities.