Home Ventilation and Clean Air Health Benefits
The quality of the air in your home can have a significant effect on your overall comfort and health. Poor indoor air quality can cause respiratory issues, even in those who aren’t allergic to dust, pollen or mold. Allergy sufferers can have their misery increased substantially when indoor air is contaminated with particulates and allergens. Here are a few ways to keep your indoor air cleaner and some of the benefits that attic ventilation, air purification and air cleaning can provide.
Source of Home Ventilation and Air Cleaning
- Whole-house ventilators: Whole-house ventilation systems, which are commonly installed in the attic, provide airflow that helps keep your indoor air fresh and clean. They get rid of stale indoor air while bringing in fresh, clean air from the outdoors. Energy recovery ventilators use outgoing air to either heat or cool incoming air, recycling heating and cooling you’ve already paid for and reducing stress on your HVAC system.
- HVAC air filters: Air filters in your home heating and cooling equipment help capture particulates and remove them from your indoor air. High-efficiency filters with higher minimum efficiency reporting value (MERV) ratings remove even more contaminants. Air filters should be checked at least monthly and changed when they get dirty.
- Air cleaners: Air cleaning systems are installed within the airflow of your HVAC system and add an extra layer of high-quality filtration to the air moving through your heating and cooling equipment.
Health Benefits of Ventilation and Air Cleaning
There are several benefits to these indoor air solutions, including:
- Fewer allergy and asthma attacks
- Reduced effects of particulate exposure, including less coughing and sneezing, less eye irritation and less nasal congestion
- Decreased chance of germs, bacteria and viruses being spread throughout your home, reducing likelihood of colds and flu
- Less dust on indoor surfaces such as shelves
- Easier breathing and a more comfortable, physically pleasant indoor environment
Learn more about attic ventilation and other home ventilation techniques from the pros at Keith Air Conditioning, Inc. or give us a call today at 251-476-3610 to schedule an appointment!