No plans for summer travel? No problem! Too often, we forget about the wonderful recreational opportunities right in our own Alabama backyard. You can stay home this summer and still have fun locally. If you’re planning a staycation this summer, you’re saving some money because gas prices are predicted to rise again, according to petroleum analyst Patrick DeHaan in the Wall Street Journal (April 9, 2018). What better investment could you make than investing in something the whole family can enjoy for months to come? An upgraded air conditioning system – that’s the ticket!
With regular maintenance and care, most air conditioners can last up to 10-15 years on average. To take good care of your air conditioner and prolong its life as long as you can, our top three recommendations are:
- Air filter vigilance – Change or clean (depending on the model) the air filter at least once a month for optimal efficiency and filtration.
- Regular maintenance – Schedule two maintenance appointments each year (AC in the spring, furnace in the fall or before each season if you have a heat pump) to have your unit cleaned and inspected for best performance and any repair needs.
- Maintenance plan – An HVAC maintenance plan with Keith Air comes with two maintenance appointments each year at a fixed price as well as priority repair service, emergency repair service, a 15 percent repair discount on all parts, a one-year guarantee and priority installation service.
Even with regular maintenance and care, sooner or later, your air conditioner will need repair service. Weigh the cost of the repair versus the cost of replacement, so you can decide what is best for your family and budget. (With a repair, find out how long the repair will last if you will likely need to have it repaired again for this issue and what will happen to your monthly energy bills.) Feel free to use this example next time your children complain about the pointlessness of math story problem homework.
Eventually, you’ll reach a point where pouring money into an older air conditioner isn’t worth it, and the benefits of a new unit (like greater efficiency, lower bills and safety) far outweigh the cost of a replacement. (When considering a replacement, find out how much you will save on your monthly energy bills and be sure you know what the warranty covers and for how long).
ENERGY STAR has a great list of telltale signs it’s time to replace your air conditioner, including the age of the unit, if your unit needs to be repaired often and if your energy bills are higher than they could be with an energy-efficient unit.
If you decide to replace your air conditioner and upgrade to a better unit, Keith Air offers financing options to support a steady household budget while helping you have a cool place to relax this summer. We offer:
- Flexible financing with approved credit
- Special interest financing and
- 60 months special financing.
With financing through Wells Fargo, you can finance a new air conditioner installation with:
- Convenient monthly payments
- Flexible financing options
- Everyday purchase convenience – all major credit cards accepted
- Special terms promotional offers
- An easy-to-use online bill payment option
- In-store or online application
Contact Keith Air Conditioning at 251-517-4437 to schedule an appointment. We can assess your air conditioner and our NATE-certified professionals can offer recommendations for your next steps.